Wednesday 13 November 2013

GBGD209_Crystal Lim_Games Title Screen_Second Iteration

High HO! This is the second iteration~ See captions for more details.
Initial artist impression of how I envisioned the logo to be. Close enough. But it looked like cherry pie. Not apple pie.
After the initial drawing, I advised that the she should mix and match some element to make it look nicer. She also added apples to make apple pie. But she forgot to change the filling's colour.

Here she has finally changed the filling's colour. Were playing around with the font type here.
This was the voted 2 after all that drawing and editing. I however pointed out it wont work on all background colours. So she had to change some colours.
Mr I-Van however advised us differently.. This did look a lot better though. He drew this. 
So Jennifer and I changed the design accordingly. I also advised her to put up a black and white background to ensure the logo can work on those two colours at least. Worked out pretty well I think.

Our final logo! Credit to Jennifer Lee who drew this. I'm getting hungry just looking at it. Ho ho ho!
Placing all the completed art assets into place

Testing the shadows
Seems OK doesn't it? My artist didn't think so though. So we'll be tweaking it.
Looked ok in the view port after playing around a bit.
Apparently people don't know what the piece of wood is without the door handle...
So I added a door handle. Then they complained it was ugly...
So I made it Gold! Gold is nice~~~
So right now this is the text placement. Artists complaint that font was too small here.
Font is now bigger. Added Tap to Start.
Tried added a black transparent filter at the back. But I obviously need to tweak it more to look creepier. My artists will advice me on this.
Tried adding some blood to it. But this will be amended. Not creepy enough. Artist also noticed that title is too mellow. It's not outstanding enough. I agree.
I have several sounds to choose from as seen in last week's progress. And after a long while of choosing and mixing, I came up with the background sound of the video. Made me think that it was raining when it was actually bright and sunny outside...

So after I was satisfied with that, I decided to just throw in an image to see whether the sound and the image matched up. It is very important to me that the feel of the title screen is creepy and mysterious. But sadly, due to the lack of artistic touch, I quite fail to achieve that yet. But no matter, I will get it done as soon as possible. However, on the plus side, I managed to get the blinking effect on the "Tap to Start" text working. 

Also to take note. The fonts that you will be seeing has been given approval for commercial usage by the owners and I am by no means committing any crimes what so ever. The title screen font has been downloaded from www.dafont.com. Credit to JuliaL who created this font. 

No comments: